Sunday, September 21, 2008

Son's Socks are Done!

I finished my little boy's socks last week - they're the very first pair I've knit start to finish:


I did a better job grafting the toe on the other one this time. I guess it's one of those practice make perfect type of things.

Here's the little man checking them out - I couldn't get him to model the finished product but he did like the way they felt against his skin:

In the meantime I've continued work on the sock I was making in On-Line Supersocke yarn, and I've started a pair for my husband using JoAnn's Soles & More in Grey Shades. I take turns working on each - as you can see I've gotten to where I'm constructing the heel with the first pair:

I'm using the same pattern as for mine with the first pair, except I'm making the top part a couple of inches shorter so I can make the foot a little larger. I love how the self-striping is turning out - my husband couldn't believe that the yarn does all that fun and colorful work all by itself, all I have to do is knit and enjoy :-)

With my husband's I'm using Patons' Spiral Socks free pattern. I picked up a leaflet for it while I was at Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins a few weeks ago. You can click the link above to access the pattern online - it requires membership but it's free and they don't spam you unless you let them so they're cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sock projects! Isn't the magic loop the best method?! I love it! I think you may be addicted to socks too! :)

Kneedle Junkie said...

Thanks so much! It's been forever since I've logged in to check for comments, can you tell??

I finished a pair of socks for my daughter while recovering from my surgery. I'll post a picture soon... I plan to mail those off with some other Christmas gifts this week.

Oh and yes I would agree, I'm turning into a sock addict :-)