Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Shawl

I made my daughter a hairpin lace shawl based on a free pattern from Berroco's for Valentine's Day - I used Yarn Bee's Truffles Ladder yarn to do this one: She really likes it and recognized the hairpin technique when she saw it from the scarf I gave her over Christmas. I asked if she'd like me to teach her how and she said yes, so I will do that when I go to visit her in a few weeks :-)

I also made myself Stitch Diva's convertible wrap using Lion Brand's Incredible yarn:

I love how it turned out, but I think I may have messed up where I'm supposed to put the buttons. I'm probably going to have to move one of them to another corner and then see if I can get it to do all the neat things you see it do on the pattern.

I'm also working on a pattern I bought from Stitch Diva called Giselle. It's a blouse normally knit using silk yarn but I'm using some yarn I've had in storage for forever to make it that's wool, cotton and linen, and I just ordered a skein of Tilli Tomas' Plain and Simple in Forest to make the twisted cord trim and belt when it's done:

I know it doesn't look like much because the circular needle is warping it to make it look like a shoe, but it is beginning to take shape and look nice.

Finally, I had promised my 5-1/2 year old nephew I would make him something, so I knit him a hat and a pair of mittens based on patterns from Bev's Country Cottage:


I will be giving these to him for his birthday next month. I made them using Red Heart's Super Saver yarn in Banana Berry and I love how the different shades of yellow, blue and green striped themselves.

No comments: