Monday, September 7, 2009

Time Flies When You're Having Fun and Making More Socks

Has it really been three months since I last checked in?? It sure has been a busy summer!

My daughter graduated high school a few days after my last post. Here we are on her big day - and the necklace I crocheted survived the trip (whew!):


She's since started college, while my son's started Kindergarten and lost two teeth, almost all in the same week:


My husband also hit the big four-oh last month. We first saw a Dotsero concert:




I then took him to Beau Jo's, where I had friends and family gather for a surprise party to get back at him for whining all summer about "getting old." He had no idea what hit him:




I baked him a gluten and dairy free cake for the occasion:


Somehow I've managed to find time to knit in between all this, daily life, work, etc. I finished the striped socks I started a while back. They became a "just because" gift for a friend:


I also finished some baby socks this morning, my first attempt. I used the Basic Baby Socks pattern from KnitList.com and the Magic Loop technique:



My son's godfather and his wife had another girl almost two weeks ago but didn't know what they were having when I started, so I used a ball of Berocco Comfort Sock in Stewart Island that I had in my stash. It doesn't have any wool, so it won't irritate baby's delicate skin, and the colors were neutral enough to work either way.

I'm planning to make yoga socks for Mommy in the same yarn so they match. Let's just hope I can get little one her pair before she has a growth spurt!

No comments: