Saturday, March 8, 2008

Gratia

I was finally able to order one of the newest spinning wheels from Jan Ford and her company, Heavenly Handspinning. It's called Gratia, which means charity or grace in Latin, and it is a little smaller and less expensive than the first wheel, Fidelis (faithful). I'll probably receive it sometime next week and once I get myself up and running on it I will let you all know what I think. Jan's husband created a 6:1 bobbin for it as well as a hybrid that will do either 6:1 or 9:1.

Jan is also offering another wheel that will come with some assembly required. However it will be an easy assembly, just using three screws. That wheel's name is Adomo, which means to fall in love with. Again this one will be available for a bit less than Fidelis, and I think it's right in between Fidelis and Gratis in respect to size.

I am still coming along with the corset top. I have one sleeve done and managed to get about a third to halfway done with the other this morning. I'm having a little tummy trouble this afternoon so I'm not sure I'll be able to finish it yet, we'll have to see.

My husband also gave our nephew his hat and mittens for his birthday this afternoon. I wasn't able to be there, but my nephew liked them.

No comments: